Bedtime is taking ages now! In one month my daughters will turn two, but I think they are already getting prepared to drop their daytime nap. Coming down with yet another cold, I have just trudged through today, also being tired from the night before as the girls woke me up at 2am and stayed awake for what felt like an hour, before getting up for the day around 7am. It was therefore not what I wanted to sit for 50 minutes by their cots while they were jumping up and down and running around. I used to have a window of about an hour to myself after putting them to bed, but now it seems I need that time for sleep.
I thought the forbidden thought today of what life would be like if we never had them. Of course I love them to bits, I don't even need to say that, but nobody who hasn't experienced it themselves will understand what it's like to live life only having to care about yourself for 34 years, and then suddenly have two babies. Who don't like to sleep a lot. But I realized that apart from travelling more, I probably wouldn't have used that extra time to do something really constructive anyway. A lot of the time would have been spent playing video games, watching films, and sleeping. But instead I get to lie on our tiled floor next to my children while they play with toy trains, fighting over some kind of gate that they both would like to assemble properly but are not really able to do yet.
Anyway, I'm just hoping this cold I'm getting won't turn into a nasty one, as we're having a wine tasting evening on Friday, and I don't want to spend my 7th part of the 2000 SEK Grand Cru wondering what it actually tasted like, having to swallow quickly as I won't be able to breathe through my nose...
No comments:
Post a Comment